Friday, November 02, 2007

Huh?

I don't mind not having a television, but it would be nice to watch the presidential debates as they happen, instead of having to hunt up selected clips online or wade through boring transcripts. Now, watching two hours of political debate is one thing, but wading through the transcripts, reading the dry words without any of the political personalities bringing them to life is a bit much, even for me. Now, you can watch selected clips of the debate on MSNBC's website, here. But one has to wonder why certain clips were chosen. I mean, here's what I learned:

Dennis Kucinich admits to having seen a UFO, and Shirley Maclaine is the godmother of his daughter. I'm surprised they didn't manage to work his young, super hot and super tall wife into the debate as well. Since I can't link you directly to the clip in question (curse you, MSNBC), here's from the transcript:

Moderator: The godmother of your daughter, Shirley MacLaine, writes in her new book that you've cited a UFO over her home in Washington state -- that you found the encounter extremely moving, that it was a triangular craft silent and hovering, that you felt a connection to your heart and heard direction in your mind. Now, did you see a UFO?
Kucinich: I did. And the rest of the account -- I didn't -- I -- it was an unidentified flying object, okay. It's like -- it's unidentified. I saw something. Now, to answer your question, I'm moving my -- and I'm also going to move my campaign office to Roswell, New Mexico and another one, an extra, to New Hampshire, okay. And also, you have to keep in mind that more -- that Jimmy Carter saw a UFO, and also that more people in this country have seen UFOs than, I think, approve of George Bush's presidency.

5 comments:

annie said...

*ahem*

from down here at my height, she is Super Tall.

:-)

don said...

I watched the debate and here's how I would have ranked them on performance:

1. Biden
2. Obama
3. Edwards
4. Clinton

Kucinich DSQ

I think Russert wanted to narrow the field with that question.

annie said...

What made Biden stand out?

And no thoughts on Dodd or Richardson?

don said...

I thought Biden displayed a sense of direction, conviction, and even passion that the others did not. What he said resonated with me.

I favor Obama, but he left me with the impression that he wasn't quite sure of himself.

Edwards was trying to be too nice I thought. That turned me off.

Hillary got a little uptight.

Richardson didn't engage enough, perhaps because they didn't seem to throw as many questions his way. He didn't sell me on why he should lead.

I had just heard Dodd the Sunday shows recently so I might not have been paying attention to him. My fault not his.

In the last Republican debate, I ranked them:

1 McCain
2 Romney
3 Huckabee

McCain I thought did really well. I don't agree with any of them however.

don said...

I forgot to mention Ron Paul on the republican side. I agree with him the most on the issues but he seemed to get hysterical in his answers. I don't think that makes for a good leader.