Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A visit from Gwen

Gwen (as in my good friend for many years who was also my boss last year while I was in Korea) is in the US currently, and she drove up to Waycross today to spend the day with me, exploring this grand metropolis. We drove out to explore my mom's new land, dined at a local cafe, had coffee at Hot Toddy, bought her a crazy Solstice dress at Salvation Army (you'll see pictures of it next month!) and drove down to Folkston to explore the Okefenokee Swamp. I didn't get that many photos, but here are a few of the swamp:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We thought this sign was funny. Sadly, we didn't see a single alligator.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Swamp!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chesser Prairie, Okefenokee Swamp

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Thanks for playing hostess yesterday, Jane. I had a great time. Fortunately, I was able to make it home in the dark without finding myself in "Deliverance: The Car Version!" It is really freaky in the nothingness between Homerville and Fargo at night.

My mom sends her thanks for the pecans and says they are the best she's tasted this year.

Anonymous said...

Gwen, I must agree with you. It is quite scary to drive between Hommerville and Fargo. Of course, it is not much better between Fargo and Lake City. BTW, I want to see some photos of your sequened outfit!

Christopher

Gwen said...

Oh, Chris. You really don't want to see any photos of the dress. The hideousness is going to be blinding you soon enough!

annie said...

Seriously, that stretch of road at night is freaky. I drove it once at night when there was a heavy fog, and that was super scary.

Chris, you will LOVE Gwen's dress when you see it. Do you have a costume yet?

Also, Gwen, my mom had apparently considered buying that dress for herself for normal wear!

Anonymous said...

I need to be more careful about casual comments! I don't even know what Gwen's dress looks like!!

Anonymous said...

I do not have a costume yet. Do you have any ideas? What are you wearing?

Chris