Saturday, August 19, 2006

The best music website

Several months ago, Laurie blogged about a music website called Pandora. (http://pandora.com/) I cannot thank her enough for sharing this information (well, I mean, I could pay her or something, but we all know I won't...) I've been waiting for access to high speed internet in order to test this out, and I finally had the time to log in yesterday, and I simply just cannot get enough. Put in the name of an artist or an album, and the website will search for songs with similarities (style, tonality, lyrics, etc). You can rate songs, and the more songs you mark as ones you like or dislike, the more personalized your "radio station" becomes. I've been listening non-stop and am already developing new favorites. And the best part? It's free!

1 comment:

Khakra said...

thanks for the tip off. haven't seen electronica for years now! lets see, it might come from a small town in sweden, thanks to this site~