Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Never!

I know that English is the in thing these days. I understand that you want to be hip, and show everyone how cool you are. I get your desire to dress in clothing splattered with English words, but please, PLEASE, do yourself a favor. Buy a dictionary. And never, NEVER wear a shirt that you can't translate. Don't simply assume that because you recognize and like one word (such as the word glamour, per say) that you would like all other words if you knew their meanings. Imagine my surprise, coming up behind you on the street last night. There you were, in a loose-fitting, skirt that stretched below your knees and a long sleeved t-shirt, looking like a very modest and conservative Daegu woman. And across your back were the words I tried to immortalize with my camera. Luckily for you, it was dark and I didn't dare turn on my flash.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hysteric Glamour 1988
Too Drunk To Fuck

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! This takes the cake. Wow, I really need to travel more.

Anonymous said...

Bwahaha, Engrish is awesome.

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=mistakes-peaples-make.jpg&category=Clothing&date=2006-05-30

http://www.engrish.com/recent_detail.php?imagename=dont-worry-be-sex.jpg&category=Clothing&date=2006-07-28

And the one that made me laugh myself silly:

http://www.engrish.com/recent_detail.php?imagename=put-on-thinking-cap.jpg&category=Clothing&date=2006-07-15

I'd kill to own those.

Matt Mason said...

Engrish.com is a hilarious website with all sorts of incredibly poor translations. Sometimes just misspellings, sometimes just a giant "huh?". I think you'll enjoy it.

~Matt~

annie said...

but being delicious *is* everything!! er......

ahh, engrish.

Khakra said...

`ep, stick to the North Korea in engrish gear

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that it works both ways. For every kid over here with a character tattoo that translates to "Stupid White Kid," there's some poor schmuck running around Asia with the same problem.