Saturday, August 12, 2006

A lazy day and some Russia photos

Yes, I said Russia photos. No, that wasn't a typo. I didn't do too much today, although I did take the subway down to E-Mart to buy various things I needed for my apartment, like paper towels and a surge protector and such. Honestly, that trip just about did me in due to the oppressive heat. I shouldn't be complaining; I really should be used to such things after the month I just spent in Waycross. (I even chatted with a fellow on the subway about how it's just as hot here as it is in GA!) Anyhow, after returning from E-Mart I did some work cleaning/organizing my kitchen (not finished yet, though), took a nap in front of the AC, and then took advantage of my high speed internet and began uploading many of my Russia photos to flickr. I'm working on (yet another) new version of janekeeler.com (it's not online yet; I'll let you know), and I'm going to try and link as many of the photos as I can to flickr, that way they can be viewed in their original sizes by people with both high speed internet and an interest in doing such a thing. So far, I have uploaded my St. Petersburg and my Moscow pictures to flickr. Click the links to check out the sets! Anyhow, Gwen and I are setting off on our cross-country adventure tomorrow, so I'll see you all when I get back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane - I'll be in Moscow for 2 full days and nights this weekend, my first time in Russia. Both days are completely free transition days. Do you have any "must-see" sites for me? I figure red square, (Armory Museum, Cathedral, Lenin's tomb, Kremlin)but I'm curious if you know of anything else really neat. I know, I know - 2 days and I want to do it all - but I'm hoping you have some interesting suggestions.

Thanks,

Bob

annie said...

Hi Bob - check out my last trip to Moscow for ideas and suggestions. I would highly recommend Red Square and the Kremlin and the Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery.