Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Panties and Cheesecake

As I've mentioned, it's really unbelievably hot here. Okay, perhaps it is equal in heat to South Georgia, where I spent my previous month, but while there is an AC in my apartment (thank god!) it's not the best. I've taken to wearing as little as possible while inside my house, and to be honest, I spend a lot of time lounging around in a tshirt and panties, simply because that's the coolest getup available. So last night around 10:30, I was sitting in front of my computer (no surprise there!) in a tshirt and panties... and suddenly there comes a knock on the door. Now, in order to get into my family compund, one needs a key, or to be buzzed in. I kind of figured it would be Mr. Yu, the owner. To be honest, my first reaction was that if I just sat really still, whoever was knocking would go away. Then it occurred to me that if Mr. Yu needed to get into the apartment for some reason, he has a key, and it probably wouldn't be a good idea for him to find me in such a state of undress! So I called out "Just a minute!" (he speaks English, although in hindsight, I actually know that phrase in Korean) and grabbed the first article of clothing I saw: my sarong. It's not exactly the most respectable of garments, but it's not the least either. (And as I'd worn it as a skirt on the way to and from the beach yesterday, it's not exactly like I hadn't been seen in it by Koreans before!) Anyway, I open up the door and there's a fellow standing there who is obviously not Mr. Yu. My first thought was that perhaps it was someone coming to visit the person who used to live in this apartment (but who now lives in the other upstairs apartment of this foursquare), but no, he was there to see me. (Mrs. Yu was in the background - it seems she let him in.) He intoduced himself as Hee Soo, and said that he had been friends with John (the fellow I replaced at Gwen's school). John had told him where I was living, and he decided to come over and welcome me to the neighborhood by bringing me three pieces of cheesecake! (Well, he called it cheesecake, but it wasn't anything like what we Americans consider cheesecake. Nonetheless, it was delicious!) He aparently lives just down the road from me, and he works as a merchandiser for Philip Morris Korea. He also wants to be my friend. Kind of odd, but okay. Now, I am completely convinced of the evilness of Philip Morris, but I can't hold that against a dude who brings me cheesecake.

Moral of the story, keep your pants on or you might not get cheesecake.

(PS - I've posted all of my Golden Ring City photos (minus Vladimir) here on flickr, if you're interested in some more Russia pics!)

2 comments:

Matt Mason said...

To steal a line from Paris Hilton- "That's hot!"

~Matt~

Anonymous said...

Keeler


Post a pic of you in your panties


thanks