Saturday, September 23, 2006

Всегда готова купить зелёные вещи!!!

(My apologies for the title of this post. It's an inside joke, and those who are supposed to get it will. I'm such a good little lime green Pioneerka.) Today I made an utterly ridonculous purchase (ridonculous meaning too absurd to qualify as simply ridiculous) - but take a look. How could I not buy it?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's a lime green and pink
polyester track suit complete with British flags.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And guess what it says on the back!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I discovered the Korean Ghost Train-Cork connection.
(Yeah, another inside joke...)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I thought this juxtaposition was interesting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The utter cleanliness of the Daegu subway system
never ceases to amaze me.
(
They even have a nifty English language website.)

Sorry for not posting more. I was planning to take yet another Saturday afternoon stroll, but plans got derailed by a bit of a headache. I'll try and take some interesting pics for you all tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Georgian wife tells me that your title means "I'm always ready to buy green things." Still doesn't really explain the inside joke...which I guess is why it is inside.

We leave Korea this Friday and are sorry we never got a chance to meet you and feed you some Khachapuri in Korea. Give us a shout if you ever come by Houston.

Anonymous said...

I feel left out....

~Matt~

Unknown said...

YAY pionerka! Molodets. Tanya will be proud :)

oh yeah, because student teaching keeps me so freakin' busy that it's often difficult to go into downtown philly for bellydancing class i bought this fantastic instructional dvd. that's the first thing i do now when i get home from school, to let off steam.

moosh

Anonymous said...

Janichka! Maladyets indeed. I bet those green sneakers look awesome with that track suit. You rock my world.

Moosh, where did you get the DVD? I need one.

~Brooke

Anonymous said...

I am From Sault Ste Marie,Canada and found this website via Google. Since you are all in Korea, I do want to ask a question with regard to the dentist in there. Back in 2002 when I was in England, one of the dentist told me that Korea is the best place to go for cheapest desntist service. Can anyone give me some idea about this?

Thanks a lot and wish you guys have a great time there. I will check back if noboday send me emails at yjharry@hotmail.com

Harry