Friday, September 29, 2006

Bruce the No (Heart, Skull) Good Pirate

Remember this sticker? Well, one of my students selected it today as his reward for making a 100% on his monthly test. The student who selected it is a wacky boy named Bruce. Bruce seems to be undergoing a series of eye surgeries, and frequently has a patch over one eye or the other. I think this would make a lot of kids feel down and become reclusive. It was bad enough when I got glasses at his age - I don't think I would've been able to handle a patch - but it doesn't slow this guy down one bit. Anyhow, not only did he choose the strangest sticker of the bunch, but then he stuck it directly onto the center of his eye patch!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Click here to see it large.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

these types of things are the things that make me love teaching.

reminds me of the shrimpiest little chinese kid i had once...the journal assignment was "who is your favorite famous person" and while everyone else chose like models, pop stars and basketball players, he chose chairman mao.

maybe he thought it would make me think of him as a higher up in the "the party"? who knows. he's an eighth grader.