Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weird? Yes. Quality? No.

I just skimmed Weird Georgia by Jim Miles, and am not left with much of a desire to examine the book any closer. I was hoping for somewhat of a guidebook (a la Lonely Planet), but with a focus on the more bizarre things which can be found in my newly adopted state. While I did realize that this book would have sections on ghosts and aliens, I hoped they would take a back seat to factual descriptions of weird places and attractions. Additionally, take a look at the back cover - there's one sentence there in particular which made this book irresistable to me:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Can you guess which one? :-)

Sadly, the book has been quite a disappointment. I could probably put a lot of time and thought into explaining why, but the book really isn't worth expending the energy. I'm tempted to try again with a completely different Weird Georgia, but I'd rather not waste my money. As my mom pointed out, I'll probably do a better job of documenting the weirdness of Georgia right here on my blog. Why read about it when I can experience it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, our teacher! Thank you for your blog.
Maxim from Vladimir.