Monday, October 01, 2007

Short Grass

I got out of the shower yesterday morning (well, okay... so it was yesterday afternoon... but I'd just gotten up, which kind of makes it like yesterday morning) and I heard what sounded like a lawn mower. And it sounded like it was mowing my grass. Or possibly the grass of my neighbors. I got dressed and peeked out (surreptitiously, of course), and whaddyaknow: There's Ronnie (aka crazy naked old guy) mowing my lawn. Not like he'd asked to mow the lawn or anything, he'd just gone ahead and done it. Anyway, eventually he finished up mowing (and I must say, it looks quite nice) and knocked on my door. Hooray for the chain! He made no reference to the other day, asked how my mom was doing, and wanted to know if he could get paid for cutting the grass. Well, if you're in need of cash for your services, you should probably ask first; my wallet's bone dry. He asked if he could come by Monday to get paid. Well, he did mow my lawn, and as much as I think he should probably do it for free as penance for subjecting me to his naked old self, I suspect I'll give him the $10. After all, the lawn does look nice. And I can pay him across my lovely chain.

UPDATE: October 2: Just paid him across the chain, at which point he blew me a kiss and departed. Well, at least my lawn looks nice. And hooray for that chain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

$10 sounds like a fair price, but be careful he doesn't try and slip you a tip.

krayzykatlady said...

i also applaud the chain. if you ever come out here again, you should ship one of those metal door thingies back - some of my neighbors have one we could probably rip off... not that i condone stealing, i just wouldn't know where to buy the thing.

annie said...

I totally want three of those metal doors (since I have three doors to the outside and all), but not only do they not sell them here, but I can't seem to explain to anyone what I mean.